Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Parade

Mom explaining how to make it work!

Why must I make everything so difficult? I am on the Blues, BBQ and Bargains Committee putting together a festival in downtown Hays for next weekend. It involves a bbq competition, concerts, car show and a sidewalk sale...and A LOT of work. We had an entry in the parade and the night before I decided a truck was just too boring and Mom, Renae and I decided to decorate a grill. The original idea was to have fake flames flying off the grill with fans underneath. Well, that didn't work so we decided on cardboard flames and hot glue'd red tissue paper to it. They don't call it "hot" glue for nothing! lol Mom and I ended up with blisters and Renae got burned by Mom grabbing on to her as her finger was burning! After all that work...the parade weather was overcast and windy so you could barley see all our hard work.

No comments: