Sunday, June 12, 2011

"I just want you to ask yourself one thing...if you were me, wouldn't you do the same thing for your children?" ~Clark Griswold

My favorite Clark Grizzwold moment. "Sorry folks, the parks closed. The moose out front should have told ya!"



Chicago Bulls...United Center.

I did not come all this way to look through the fence?!



So Close...Yet So Far Away.


It was Griffin's ONLY request for Chicago...the Michael Jordan statue! We have been looking at it online for weeks before we went to Chicago. There is a 24/7 webcam on their website and we couldn't wait to get there and take pictures. After a long bus ride, and the driver shutting my ankle in the handicap ramp we had arrived! Only to see all the gates locked?!?! WHAT?! There was no mention of "hours" or "closing" on the website?! I knew Gavin and Griffin would fit through the bars but my butt?! It was a tight fit but I made it. I was just about to pick Griff up and throw him over the fence when security came running out. Gavin wussed out and ran off but I was not going down without a fight. The guy was explaining all these "insurance issues" as to why the statue is closed. I explained that this 5 year old came all this way from Kansas to see this statue and we WERE NOT leaving without a picture! Griffin's face is priceless...he was not sure to be excited about seeing the JumpMan or fear that his mom might go to jail for this!

No comments: