Friday, April 9, 2010

Flashback...First Attempt at a Trampoline

Here is proof I wasn't making it up.

Our stupid trampoline...down the street.
2 Years ago we had a trampoline and the kids LOVED it. Here is my original account of the situation in April of '08:
It is really windy out today and I get a call at work... Our trampoline flew across/down the street and tumbled all the way over to the house is Kelly Koenke is building across from the Drees'. So, me being the genius that I am, I think, I am going to go check it out and see how screwed up it is. Sounds simple. I get out of the car and proceed to walk through the field to get to the tramp that is in the middle of the entire block. I underestimated how MUDDY it really was. I was sinking five inches to the point that my socks were muddy and my shoes were stuck in the mud and I couldn't get my shoes out. There was no turning back, it was too late. I had to step out of them in my socks!! I pray to God that no one was looking at me, Elodie are you home??!! Needless to say, I was practically on my hands and knees in the MUD and finally got back to the street. (Oh yeah and the trampoline is demolished, but at this point I could give a shit!) But now I am a block away from my house and I have to get back in my car with MUD all over my jeans, I can't even see my shoes, there is 5 inches of mud on them and in them. I am standing in the street with my bare feet trying to get in my car while holding my socks and shoes out the window! I am such an idiot. Why didn't I just leave well enough alone. I hope that frickin' trampoline flies clear to Rush Center. (Although it can't because it is lodged in the mud.) Just a great way to start my weekend off! All over a stupid trampoline! And the fun part is...we will have to shell out the cash for a new damn trampoline!! AHHH!!

We aren't the only ones in the neighborhood with trampoline trouble. I took this a few weeks later down the street. LOL!

1 comment:

kknox said...

I remember reading that post, I can't believe it was two years ago!! Time flies :(